Driving Miss Daisy can provide one-time service or regularly scheduled outings on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
You can put your trust in our personalized and customized service:
- We note and act on details and instructions given by you, your family or caregiver;
- We provide continuity with personnel, timing, and routines that matter to you;
- We strive to provide the kind of support that increases your assurance and trust that you are in good hands with Driving Miss Daisy.
Driving Miss Daisy offers a wide variety of reliable services and possesses all the legislated insurance requirements as mandated in BC.
Accompaniment and transportation: for medical, dental, eye, pre- and post surgical appointments, Adult day Programs, Dialysis Units, or any situation for which you need:
- “THROUGH THE DOOR” pick up and drop off, or stay-with service. This means a team member will meet you at your home, assist you to and from the vehicle, bring you into the appointment office, and when notified, will come back to return you to your home.
- And, if required, the team member will stay with you, take notes, report back to family members and bring you back home.
Other examples of how Driving Miss Daisy team members can help you:
- In-Home Support: Customized service to meet individual needs providing a variety of home making, personal care or companion services from a few hours per month to around-the-clock care.
- Travel Assistance: through to secured area of airport, ferry, cruise ship terminal and bus terminal transfers.
- Professional Services: Accompaniment to lawyers, banks, financial planners etc., assistance with documents, notes and follow-ups.
- Routine Errands: Grocery/Personal Shopping; prescription pick up; dry cleaning drop offs and pick-ups, accompaniment to hair cut/ beauty appointment.
- Social Events Accompaniment.
- Vacation Accompaniment.
- General Check-up Visits: to provide assurance to you and your family that all is well.
- Special Services for families with children: Accompaniment and assistance to and from schools, training programs, sporting events.